Job Description For Direct Care Staff/Mentor & Volunteers
The Direct care staff at Beartooth Men’s Rehab are responsible for ensuring the safety, well being and growth of the young men in the program. He must be a man of strong Christian moral character who can be firm but kind and able to keep order among the young men.
A direct care staff member will live and work alongside the young men for the days that he is on duty and maintain harmony through good examples and relationships. This allows opportunities to share the Beartooth Men’s Rehab Christian philosophies with young men and find the goodness within while providing direction and guidance to them to help them become the best version of themselves.
We do not allow smoking or alcohol on our ranch so the applicant for this job should not smoke cigarettes, or have a drinking or substance abuse problem.
Main Job Responsibilities are:
- Live with the young men on the days that you work in the cabins.
- Monitor the young men’s daily activities and maintain peace and harmony amongst them.
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment by setting an example for the young men, working along with them to maintain neat and orderly cabins and ranch environment.
- Instruct and monitor the young men on how to complete the ranch chores and other ranch work activities.
- Collaborate and work with the ranch crew to enhance the vocational training and animal therapy programs.
- Implement plan of treatment
- Oversee safety, health and well being of the clients.
- Plan and organize treatment interventions with treatment team.
- Maintain control and develop a healthy environment.
- Ensure that the young men complete their weekly written assignments.
- Monitor and implement Beartooth Men’s Rehab Program Rules, Policies, Philosophies, and Fire Safety Rules.
- Provide safe transportation, ensure wearing of seat belts, and that all ranch roads and highway regulations are followed. All vehicles will be cared for properly, cleaned after each use and inspected on a daily basis.
- Learn ranch activities such as, animal care, safety, trucks. Other tools may include anything from a chainsaw to a claw hammer.
- Maintain all written documentation such as medication logs, progress notes, group therapy notes, daily checklist, and academic records.
- Ensure that all meals are nutritious and follow proper food handling procedures. Provide a family dining atmosphere when possible, using proper table manners, and cleaning up after meals.
- Must be at least 23 years old, and have a valid drivers license. You must be able to pass a background check.
About the Employer
Beartooth Men’s Rehab is a Transitional Life Skills & Sober Living Program with a Christian focus for young adult men ages 18-30. Situated on a 40,000 acre working cattle ranch in northwest Wyoming (around 85 miles from Yellowstone National Park) that gives at-risk young men the opportunity to discover a healthy way of life. Our form of therapy is based on living and working on a cattle ranch, we call this “real life therapy”. This ranch life experience includes experiential education, spiritual life development and job skills training to increase self-esteem, self-motivation, self-discipline and proper coping mechanisms for these at-risk young men.
Request a Job Application by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org